Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School and Corporate Work Study Program is a Catholic college-preparatory school for young men and women from the Washington, DC area who have the need and the motivation to help earn their own tuition money through an innovative Corporate Work Study program. In the tradition of St. John Bosco, who educated young people for life in an environment of trust and loving kindness, our rigorous educational program aims to prepare our graduates for college with the Christian values essential for a successful and fulfilling life.
Don Bosco Cristo Rey will be a leader in achievement as it creatively develops transformative leaders who will succeed in college and contribute to the arrival of the Kingdom of God.
“Be who you are and be it well.” (St. Francis de Sales)
Faith, Family, Future, Fun
These four elements are threads tying the essentials of St. John Bosco’s priorities with those of Don Bosco Cristo Rey culture. Faith is foundational, no matter what our religion may be. God is our source and strength. The richness of our diversity gives rise to a desire to create a Family atmosphere of acceptance and mutual respect, making our school a safe place where we want to be. Our goal is success in college and beyond through the training of the intellect, professional skills and human interaction, a Future of hope and possibility. Balancing work and study is a difficult task and yet we seek to provide elements of Fun in all that we do, so that joy and cheerfulness remain important characteristics of who we are throughout our school environment.
As a Cristo Rey Network model school, we shall also meet the following standards:
- Is explicitly Catholic in mission and enjoys Church approval.
- Serves only economically disadvantaged students. The school is open to students of various faiths and cultures.
- Is family centered and plays an active role in the local community.
- Shall prepare all of its students to enter and graduate from college.
- Requires participation by all students in the work-study program. All students must be 14 years by September 1st.
- Integrates the learning present in its work program, classroom and extracurricular experiences for the fullest benefit of its student workers.
- Has an effective administrative and board structure as well as complies with all applicable state and federal laws.
- Is financially sound and at full enrollment the school is primarily dependent on revenue from the work-study program to meet operating expenses. In addition, the school maintains a comprehensive advancement program to ensure financial stability.
- Supports its graduates’ efforts to obtain a college degree.
- Is an active participant in the collaboration, support, and development of the Cristo Rey Network.
Open to All
At Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School, we respect all faith traditions as we teach, model, and celebrate our Catholic Heritage. This faith-based education with an emphasis on character building will help students realize their value and potential as individual creatures of God. Furthermore, Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School is open to all and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color or ethnic origin in its recruitment or admission of students, administration of educational programs or extracurricular activities, or hiring of personnel.