LATEST SCHOOL UPDATE –
DBCR has determined that the safest choice for our students, faculty, and staff is to remain in a virtual-only instructional model for the first semester and for the foreseeable future. We are following the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, the Archdiocese of Washington Catholic Schools Office, Prince George’s County, and Montgomery County. We are evaluating the process for transitioning to a hybrid model for learning to include both online and in-person instruction when safety precautions allow it. As a result of initiating fully online all fall athletics will be cancelled and all activities including clubs and liturgies will also happen virtually. The first day of virtual classes will be on Monday, August 31.
Please see our communications below for more details.
We continue to monitor the situation with COVID-19 (coronavirus) in our area. We are in constant communication with the Archdiocese of Washington and following the guidance of the State of Maryland and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC). Our primary goal is to protect our faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Our procedures will be reevaluated on a regular basis, are subject to change, and may be extended depending on developments over the coming days and weeks.
See our communications below.
2020/2021 School Year
- July 29, 2020 – DBCR Return To School Plan from DBCR Principal Elias Blanco
2019/2020 School Year
- May 15, 2020 – End-of-Year School Update from DBCR Principal Elias Blanco
- April 24, 2020 – Re-registration Update for DBCR Families
- April 21, 2020 – School Update from DBCR Principal Elias Blanco
- April 7, 2020 – Tuition Assistance from DBCR Principal Elias Blanco
- March 25, 2020 – School Update from DBCR Principal Elias Blanco
- March 13, 2020 – Student Instructional Expectations – View the live presentation here
- March 13, 2020 – CWSP Job Partners Update from CWSP Manager Gelynn Hurt
Meals available for students at the following locations. Read the Fact Sheet here.
- DC Public School Sites
- Montgomery County Public School Sites
- Prince George’s County Public School Sites
- Our Lady of Sorrows has opened a food pantry on Tuesdays and Thursdays from noon to 1 p.m. outside the cafeteria entrance. Fresh food and canned goods are available.
Families in need of free/reduced internet services, please look into Comcast’s Internet Essentials program.
COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program
The DC Department of Housing and Community has developed $6.2 million COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program to help renters pay overdue rent. The Covid-19 Housing Assistance Program (CHAP) can be applied for rent from April 2020 onward for up to 3 months of overdue rent depending on available funds. Learn more here.
Maryland Department of Human Services: P-EBT
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) provides nutrition assistance to families whose children have lost access to free or reduced-price school meals due to COVID-19 related school closures. Families will receive money on a new or existing EBT card to help make up for these lost meals. Learn more here. The Maryland Department of Human Services (MD DHS) has established a P-EBT Customer Inquiry Form for households to submit questions regarding P-EBT.
To support our students, their families, and our staff, click here.
Students and families with questions should contact the following people.
- Academic support – Mr. Rudi Feiler, Assistant Principal for Academics, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corporate Work Study Program – CWSP hotline at 240-723-6100 or email@example.com
- Health and Safety – Mr. Chris Lesesne, Dean of Students, firstname.lastname@example.org
Families, this is a good time to update your contact information. Please send any phone number, address, or email changes to Ms. Jessica Garcia, Front Office Coordinator, at email@example.com.