COVID-19 VACCINATION RESOURCES
There will be a walk-in Covid-19 Vaccination clinic (Pfizer) in the school Cafeteria on Sunday, June 6, from 9am-6pm and Sunday, June 27, from 9am-6pm. All are welcome!
Hyattsville COVID-19 vaccination site A COVID-19 vaccination site is open at the First United Methodist Church of Hyattsville at 6201 Belcrest Road. This site is being operated as a partnership between the City of Hyattsville, Luminis Health, and the First United Methodist Church. The site will offer vaccine appointments on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 9 a.m. – 5p.m. CLICK HERE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT or call (443) 481-6852
Walk-up vaccination requests are also now being accepted on Tuesdays, between 2 p.m. – 5 p.m., as supplies allow. Appointments are still the most reliable way to ensure you receive a vaccine. Notices are shared with the community when there are leftover vaccine doses at the end of the day; sign up at www.hyattsville.org/notifyme.
When you arrive for your appointment, please enter and park in the Church’s parking lot accessed off Queens Chapel Road. Vaccines will take place inside the Church’s Fellowship Hall.
There are many other ways to receive a COVID-19 vaccine in Maryland:
- Schedule an appointment with the County Health Department’s clinics at mypgc.us/covidvaccine or call 311 and press #
- Schedule an appointment at a state-operated vaccination site: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine or call 1-855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829)
- The FEMA-operated vaccination site at the Greenbelt Metro Station (5717 Greenbelt Metro Drive, Greenbelt, MD 20740) offers walk-up appointments Monday – Tuesday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.; Wednesday – Thursday 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.; and Friday – Sunday 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. No appointments needed!
- Check the State’s vaccine locator to find local hospitals and pharmacies administering vaccines at https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine. o CDC Vaccine Finder Tool: https://vaccinefinder.org
- Price George’s County Memorial Library Vaccine Hunter Hotline: (240) 392-3622. Available in English and Spanish, Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. Call for assistance with pre-registration, appointment booking, and questions about vaccine eligibility. More details at https://www.pgcmls.info/coronavirus.
LATEST SCHOOL UPDATE –
Don Bosco Cristo Rey is happy to announce that we will begin the transition to a HYBRID LEARNING MODEL ON MONDAY, APRIL 19TH, which is the beginning of the 4th quarter. Families will have the option of choosing in-person instruction two times a week for their sons or daughters. They will also have the option to remain virtual if they choose, however, we encourage everyone to sign up for in person instruction.
Please watch the video above as it provides a visual of the safety protocols put in place since last March.
We continue to monitor the situation with COVID-19 (coronavirus) in our area. We are in constant communication with the Archdiocese of Washington and following the guidance of the State of Maryland and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC). Our primary goal is to protect our faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Our procedures will be reevaluated on a regular basis, are subject to change, and may be extended depending on developments over the coming days and weeks.
See our communications below.
2020/2021 School Year
- September 21, 2020 – School Contact List
- August 28, 2020 – CollegeBoard has cancelled the September 26th SAT administration at DBCR. Students will receive communication from CollegeBoard soon regarding their cancellation and refund.
- August 10, 2020 – Parent Information Presentation
- August 10, 2020 – CollegeBoard has cancelled the August 29th SAT administration at DBCR. Students will receive communication from CollegeBoard soon regarding their cancellation and refund.
- July 29, 2020 – DBCR Return To School Plan from DBCR Principal Elias Blanco
2019/2020 School Year
- May 15, 2020 – End-of-Year School Update from DBCR Principal Elias Blanco
- April 24, 2020 – Re-registration Update for DBCR Families
- April 21, 2020 – School Update from DBCR Principal Elias Blanco
- April 7, 2020 – Tuition Assistance from DBCR Principal Elias Blanco
- March 25, 2020 – School Update from DBCR Principal Elias Blanco
- March 13, 2020 – Student Instructional Expectations – View the live presentation here
- March 13, 2020 – CWSP Job Partners Update from CWSP Manager Gelynn Hurt
Meals available for students at the following locations. Read the Fact Sheet here.
- DC Public School Sites
- Montgomery County Public School Sites
- Prince George’s County Public School Sites
- Our Lady of Sorrows has opened a food pantry on Tuesdays and Thursdays from noon to 1 p.m. outside the cafeteria entrance. Fresh food and canned goods are available.
Families in need of free/reduced internet services, please look into Comcast’s Internet Essentials program.
COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program
The DC Department of Housing and Community has developed $6.2 million COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program to help renters pay overdue rent. The Covid-19 Housing Assistance Program (CHAP) can be applied for rent from April 2020 onward for up to 3 months of overdue rent depending on available funds. Learn more here.
Maryland Department of Human Services: P-EBT
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) provides nutrition assistance to families whose children have lost access to free or reduced-price school meals due to COVID-19 related school closures. Families will receive money on a new or existing EBT card to help make up for these lost meals. Learn more here. The Maryland Department of Human Services (MD DHS) has established a P-EBT Customer Inquiry Form for households to submit questions regarding P-EBT.
To support our students, their families, and our staff, click here.
Students and families with questions should contact the following people.
- Academic support – Mr. Rudi Feiler, Assistant Principal for Academics, email@example.com
- Corporate Work Study Program – CWSP hotline at 240-723-6100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health and Safety – Mr. Chris Lesesne, Dean of Students, email@example.com
Families, this is a good time to update your contact information. Please send any phone number, address, or email changes to Ms. Jessica Garcia, Front Office Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.