The School That Works
Don Bosco Cristo Rey is a co-educational high school located in the Takoma Park neighborhood of Washington, DC. Our students come exclusively from families of limited economic means. As a member of the national Cristo Rey Network® of schools, Don Bosco partners with more than 300 local companies and organizations committed to our innovative Corporate Work Study Program. Students work one day a week, earning nearly 60 percent of the cost of their education, and in turn gain valuable on-the-job experience in highly professional settings.
Don Bosco Cristo Rey’s Corporate Work Study (CWS) Program prepares dedicated students for college and careers while also fulfilling real work responsibilities for a company. The CWS employers fill an entry-level position at a competitive cost with well-trained students while enhancing diversity and talent pipelines.
Benefits to Students
- Contribute to the cost of their education by working
- Build confidence immersed in a real-world setting
- Unique work experience
- Acquire skills necessary for success in the workplace
Benefits to Corporate Partners
- Creates a pipeline for future employees
- The fee is a cost-effective alternative to employing a full-time worker or contractor
- Significant reduction of turnover in entry-level positions
- Increase in overall employee morale